1 - 2
1/4 small red cabbage
1 - 2 carrots, depending on size
1 medium size Chiogga Beet
2 Tablespoons Golden Inca Berries (can substitute dried figs or golden raisins)
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/8 cup organic cold pressed olive oil
1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 to 1 teaspoon raw honey
Pinch ( I used 1/8 teaspoon) Ceylon cinnamon
Pinch cumin powder ( I used 1/8 teaspoon +)
1 small garlic clove ( I used microplane to grate it)
1/2 teaspoon Orange Flower water (can find in Mediterranean markets ). Imparts an orange perfume flavor.
1. Use mandoline to finely slice cabbage and Chiogga Beet and place in bowl.
2. Use vegetable peeler to turn carrot into ribbons (can use hand grater instead), and add to bowl.
3. Add pumpkin seeds and Golden Inca Berries to ingredients in bowl.
3. In small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, grated garlic, cinnamon, cumin and honey. Whisk to combine.
4. Add orange blossom water to taste.
5. Add dressing to above ingredients in bowl and toss so that dressing is well distributed.
Note, this is a lovely all season colorful salad that can be paired with a soup, hummus or falafel wrap or grilled fish.